[GeoStL] Re: Cross-Post Listings To OpenCaching.org

  • From: Glenn <potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 09:04:14 -0500

There have been several geocaching systems or sites over the years. I cross
posted a few of my caches on a few of the sites.  They were never visited on
the secondary sites. There was a geocaching game once that was interesting but
it never got any traction. After those attempts I decided that there was not
much point in it. Once someone found the cache they never went back to qualify
for finding on the other site.  I quit cross posting my caches.

As for counting numbers, some people have been counting their number of finds
and hides twice or three times, once on each system then reporting that they
have (for example) 3000 finds and 300 hides when actually that is more like 100
hides and 1000 finds, counted three times.

If I were to use one of the other listing sites I would put caches there that
were only listed on the one site.

glenn

On Jul 7, 2011, at 11:26 AM, Nathan Rover wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've put together a blog post about how to cross-post your finds and hides on
> OpenCaching.org.
>
> http://www.nathanrover.com/MyBlog/tabid/62/EntryId/25/OpenCaching-org-Quick-amp-Painless.aspx
>

> I was curious if anyone else is considering cross-posting their listings to
> OpenCaching.org?
> Seems like so far, Crowesfeat30, kukaua and myself are the only ones who seem
> to be listing all our caches.
>
> Thanks,
> Nathan Rover
> (NateDawgCC)