[GeoStL] Re: Crazy MO Weather

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:39:08 -0600

-
I woke up to 6" of snow on my truck and the sound of snow blowers and snow
plows going. That was at 5:10 AM eastern in Auburn Hills, MI. By 7am, you
would have never known it snowed as the rain melted all the snow. the temp
quickly rose to 62 degrees and as I left Michigan and went to Ohio, the temp
started to drop but not by much. The wind however, was gusting at 50+. I
went to a small town at the Michigan / Ohio border to hit some caches. There
were 4 caches and one was on a pier over lake Erie. I picked the wrong pier
as I was at the end of it and still had 65' to the cache. The wind was so
strong, waves were crashing over the pier.

Now as I sit here and type, it is gusting up to 50 MPH and there are tornado
warnings here in Decatur Indiana. The lightning was an awesome site. I did a
few really nice caches in Toledo that required a fair hike in a large city
park. Much like Forest Park. I saw 15 deer at one cache. They moved slowly
by me as I sat on a log and just watched them.

Hope everyone stays warm in St. Louis. I am sure when I am in Indi tomorrow,
it will be cooling off.
Sat, I will be coming home in the snow unless I can get out of here
tomorrow...

Mike

Tired of Spam??
Here's your solution..