[GeoStL] Re: County parks

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 12:17:58 -0600

most excellent, you smooth talker you.

gln

At 11:05 AM 11/6/2002 -0600, you wrote:

Last week I talked to Justin Hirsch who is the events coordinator for St. Louis County Parks. I inquired about any problems placing caches in county parks and told him I had talked to rangers at two different parks and they had no problems. He had never heard of Geocaching, but has a GPS, and I explained the process to him and gave him the GC.com website to review. He said it sounded like a very reasonable use of the park land wanted to talk it over and would get back with me.

I'm working on a cache at one of the parks and talked to the ranger there who knew about geocaching and welcomed the caches in the park. I told him my idea and the final cache would be an ammo box. He had concerns about that and suggested I call Justin for the approval.

I just talked to Justin today and he said the county parks would welcome the caches as long as ammo boxes are NOT used. Tupperware, micros, even tool boxes are OK. Then, to my surprise, he suggested conducting a program in conjunction with the Parks dept. on using a GPS and geocaching for the public. He wondered where they could get enough GPS's for hands on use so that's where I put in a plug for SLAGA and said we would be glad to participate.

It would probably be held at Queeny Park since they have the indoor center and there are several caches already there. He said they are working on their schedules now and would get back to me soon so we could set up something to fit their schedule.

Rich

<http://promos.hotbar.com/promos/promodll.dll?RunPromo&El=hotbar%5felement%3bst%3b&SG=&RAND=1>f7d36a0.jpg

~~~~~~~~ Glenn St. Louis, Mo

JPEG image