[GeoStL] Re: Conservation Department Caches

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:51:42 -0500

Nancy;

Don't know much about the contacts for MDC except for around the St. Louis
area.

John Vogel (636-441-4554) seems to be the contact for Weldon Springs and I
assume the St. Charles area.

Le-roy placed a cache in Victoria Glades (near Hillsboro) and Cathy de Joy (not
sure of the spelling) signed the permit. I'm not sure what office she is from,
but the number is 636-458-2236.

Check out the new Missouri Geocachers Assn. website at www.mogeo.com for info
on cities and areas that allow (or don't allow) caching and their policies. The
list is far from complete and is updated constantly. the MDC website for
regional offices is http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/about/srvcentr.html.

There are a lot of good caches in Busch Wildlife/Weldon Springs area. Check out
a couple that you think sound interesting for examples. Our 2003 Spring picnic
was held in one of the shelters at Busch wildlife.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Rich (RGS)