[GeoStL] Re: Congratulations

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:52:29 -0700 (PDT)

-
Glenn,

The forums are fine for those who go there but I have
so little time anymore that I check my email and
sometimes go into the chat room. I don't ever remember
to check them unless someone sends a link by email.

Dan

--- Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------
-Looks like there is a backslappin party over
here!http://geostl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=215#215

this looks like a good place for such an activity.

gln---------------------Glenn
At 05:07 PM 10/17/2003, Eric & Dayna East wrote:

-
I hate to say it but, i'm in the middle of the road on
this one. I hope Idon't get run over!
LOL
I can see Mike & the others point & I  90% agree.
However,like Dan said, we don't all live in
a cache rich environment like St. Louis. Although
there is getting to bea good number of
caches in the Quincy/Hannibal/Keokuk areas, about 1/2
are mine & theother 1/2 i've already
done. So, I  have to drive 1-2 hours just to do a
cache. I know it'ssilly but, I was a little
bummed when I got little or no recognition for #200.
E-mails will be finefor # 300 though!
:-)

Eric

Dan Henke wrote:

> -
> If we do it this way I will never get another
> congratulatory note or reach another milestone. I
have
> passed the 100 and am a LONG way from 500 (will
> probably never reach it) I don't mind sending a note
> to anyone for any milestone. I think each 100 caches
> found deserves congratulations as to some like me
who
> live so far from the "cache centers" that to reach
> another 100 IS a major milestone. Bruce specifically
> asked us not to congratulate him on the 100 cache
> marks after he reached his first 1000 but I don't
see
> where it is costing us anything to offer a quick
note
> of congratulations on a job well done for each 100
up
> to 1000 or even after that. Just my humble opinion
of
> course but you must remember that not all of us live
> where we can pick up 100 caches in a weekend.
>
> Dan (thunder)
> --- Mike Griffin <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > -
> > I feel the same way.. I think 100, 500 and every
500
> > there after should be
> > good. In the early days, it was almost impossible
> > get 100 caches.. There
> > wasn't 100 in St. Louis back when Glenn, Barry,
Rich
> > and Dave started
> > caching. However, today if someone was really
> > serious, they could cache hard
> > for a week and easily get 100. 1000 should be
> > recognized with a gift. Each
> > 1000 should hold something special. Most of us
will
> > never get to 1000 nor do
> > we have time to. Those who do, really put their
time
> > into the sport.
> >
> > I think our milestones should be recognized on the
> > website. I just feel that
> > posting a message in the newsgroup for every 100
is
> > not necessary.
> > I too know that others will disagree. However,
> > people could just as easily
> > send an email to that person. We only get a
handful
> > now a days who ever
> > recognize them and then it's a lot of "me too's."I
> > think it would be better
> > if we just stuck to the website on everything
except

Hey"<Happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>

youon
> > find #800. Way to go.
> > >   I really don't believe in all
thecongratulating
> > that goes on all the
> > >   time. I think congratulations are in orderfor
> > find number 100 and then
> > >   it should be every 500 thereafter. Makes ita
> > lot more special that
> > >   way. I would even go for a
breakfastgettogether
> > for the "K" finds.
> > >   Anyway that's the way I feel about it and sodo
> > several other cachers
> > >   that I have talked to, but no one wants tosay
> > anything. I'm sure I'll
> > >   catch some flack over this, but I'm a big
> > boy-bring it on.  Bernie The
> > >   Happykraut.
> > > --
> > >   Bernhard G. Ver Hey