[GeoStL] Re: Congrats xitaqua!!!

  • From: Edwin Biesemeyer <singer1ed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 10:01:36 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for sharing that tidbit of information with us MoMule.

While placing a cache in Olivette this morning I had a man watching me.  I took
a few moments to explain what I was doing so the suspension level deminished.
It has been an interesting morning.  I found out after our conversation that I
had parked in front of his house and had sat in the geovan for a bit doing some
finalization of paperwork on the cache.  I advised him that by the end of the
weekend he would begin seeing other cachers doing somewhat the same thing only
they would be doing the looking.  He was grateful for me taking the time to
explain my actions.

Barbara Hunt <barbarastl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
Everyone here probably has other hobbies besides Geocaching (gasp! other
hobbies!). One of mine is Toastmasters, the group that is dedicated to
teaching members to imprive their public speaking skills. Every Fall and
Spring, Toastmasters holds a couple of contests at various levels. Today, I
attended an Area contest, for people who had already won at the club level.

I am pleased to report that one of our own SLAGA members did very well in
the contest - speaking about Geocaching! The contest was for humorous
speeches, and Marcos Chu (Geocaching ID: xitaqua) told the audience funny
stories about Geocaching and Geocachers -- he mentioned poison ivy and bug
spray, and the danger that we go through to get a keychain or other trinket.
The audience was having a ball! Marcos was even dressed for the part with
his hiking shoes and pack full of Geocaching "stuff". In his speech, he
mentioned RockSusan, Purple and BrawnyBear (I'd ask xitaqua for royalties,
if I were you!).

Marcos won second place, which means he'll be taking his Geocaching speech
to the Division level in a few weeks, and then hopefully to the district
level. In addition, he came in first place in the Table Topics contest for
his area - contestants are asked a question, and have to think on their feet
to come up with a reasonable and organized answer. The contests are open, so
when I find out when and where it is, I'll post it here.

Congratulations, Marcos - and good luck!!!

Babara (missourimule)

Subject field

Edwin G. Biesemeyer Track your Dollar BillsEver wonder where your money goes.
See how to track it with the link above.