[GeoStL] Re: Condition of cache area

  • From: "M. Bollinger" <lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 05:47:38 -0800 (PST)

-
I have to agree that this is a real concern for the official side of me (I work
for JC Parks & Rec) too.  The solution to this is VERY simple.  It requires
leaving a useful hint on the cache page.  I have done so many caches that the
hint is useless and you are left to "leaving no stone unturned" to find the
cache.  I keep an eye out on what's going on and have from time to time asked
hiders to make their hint more specific.

I'm not trying to be critical, heck, I've done that too.  I try to be
cute/funny/obscure with the hint and it dosn't help (ie...3 Bucks Cache).  If
you find a cache area that is getting disrupted, you might email the owner to
make the hint more specific.

Jjbusk2@xxxxxx wrote:-
Hello all.
Although I seldom have anything to say here, I read what everyone else says.
Recently I did a few caches. I was disturbed at the condition of the cache
area.
It looked like some hundred lb. turkeys were in the area. In one area big
slabs of rocks were pulled out and turned over. Some were pushed down the hill.
Another area the rocks were pulled out from under a man made object and left
laying around. I feel that some of the people who give us permission to hide
caches would deny us this privilege if they would see the havoc some of us have
left behind .
I know that talking to the people who frequent this e-mail site is like
preaching to the choir.
What to do? I am sure that some of you people can come up with better ideas.
My thought is to stress on EVERY cache page that everyone leaves the cache
area in as natural a condition as possible. What are your thoughts?
Believe me I am not a "tree hugger". But I do think this problem needs to be
addressed as our ranks swell.
John (Talks Funny)

Subject field

Subject field