[GeoStL] Re: Commercial Geocaching?

  • From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 07:37:18 -0700 (PDT)

I think they tried to make a trademark of it, but it fell through...geocaching
is simply a term for using a GPS to find the treasure as it were. It's more of
an activity than a product. If you do caches on terracaching.com you are still
technically geocaching...

________________________________
From: Stephen Martin
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 07:14:19 -0700 (PDT)

>-
>
>I like the idea of having a geocache type hunt without
>having to publish through geocaching. I have thought about
>having an event that I advertise in the RFT and don't put
>on geocaching.com. I would be able to break out of the
>family oriented mold.
>
>Thanks for posting this article.
>
>Stephen
>

>--- On Fri, 5/1/09, Michael Griffin
> wrote:
>
>> From: Michael Griffin
>> Subject: [GeoStL] Commercial Geocaching?
>> To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 5:32 AM
>> http://www.chronicletimes.com/story/1534434.html
>>
>> I guess if it is not listed on GC, you can commercialize
>>  the heck out of
>> it! Sounds like what BWAT and I are doing in Hannibal
>> next fall only we
>> are not going to make people go into the business unless
>> they want to.
>>
>> Opinions?
>>

>> Mike

> Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived
>http://tinyurl.com/87cqw
>  Missouri Geocaching land use policies --> www.MoCache.net
> MoGeo Forums-->http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php

Steve
It's not just the destination, but also the path you take and the friends you
make along the way.