[GeoStL] Re: Commercial Geocaching?

  • From: "Steve Bromley" <bromley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 06:48:24 -0500

     It sounds like a different variation of the "Christmas
Walk" that some towns  hold to get people going into their
businesses to see what's there.  As  long as you know what
you are getting in for before you go there, I have no
problem with the activity but it shouldn't be called
geocaching.
 It doesn't hold any interest for me and I wouldn't
participate if it was  across the street.  It's a marketing
gimick and really doesn't give anyone  any idea as to what
Geocaching is all about. I'd bet that 80%-90% of the people
won't either have a GPSr or will have to be spoonfed the
location of the hidden  container.
 The idea that you were talking about is a lot different and
would get me  interested.