[GeoStL] Re: Coins?

  • From: bromley@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:24:29 -0600

-
One of the items on the table when the new slate of officers
took office was the SLAGA geocoin.  We were more concerned
about getting organized for training classes, filing our
"official" paperwork and a few other items that we believed
were at a higher priority.  Once we had a handle on those
items, we started to look at some of the less pressing
topics.  The coins were something that we felt we could put
off a bit.  We discussed the coins at the February staff
meeting and decided that we really needed more information
before we could make a decision that effected the whole
group.  One of my items was to touch base with Mike
regarding the geocoins, how much they would cost, the
initial capital outlay, and how quickly we could expect to
"break even".

SLAGA does not have unlimited resources, and we, the
officers, are the stewards of what monies SLAGA does have.
Once we have that information, we will make can make an
informed decision on how we will proceed.  Personally, I'd
love a couple of SLAGA coins, but as an officer, I have the
responsibility to do what is best for SLAGA.  I take that
responsibility seriously.

That being said, I'll make an appointment with Mike before
the next staff meeting and bring the necessary information
back to the staff.  If we chose to proceed, a message will
be sent out via a SLAGA email blast to all members with the
information.  The stall typically meets the 1st or 2nd
Wednesday of the month so this will not happen before the
middle of March.