[GeoStL] Christmas eve group hunt- SS Apprentice

  • From: Sara Gomer <outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 06:05:01 -0800 (PST)

-
Having talked to others who plan on attending and someone who has completed
this challenge I think we will go ahead with SS-Apprentice as planned.

Lets meet at the closest parking lot (which from the map appears to be near the
coords for 357 quad) at 9am.  Brawny Bear please let me know if you have a
better suggestion of where to park?

Here's the comment I got from a detective regarding snow on the ground....
Snow on the ground MIGHT cause problems with SS-Apprentice if you need to climb
any hills or ford any streams.  Unfortunately, SS-Apprentice is at least a 6
part, maybe more if you're unlucky, multi-cache which you will need to PROBABLY
do both things.  Just be extra careful, dress warmly, bring a whacking, er
hiking, stick, and carry lots of hot cocoa in a thermos.  With that, you should
be fine.  Some waypoints and caches WILL be more difficult in the snow, but not
impossible.  They will not even be "nearly impossible"--just more difficult.
:-)  Have fun!

It will be cold and there will most likely be snow on the ground so please come
prepared.

I contemplated pushing this back a few weeks but am really wanting to get to
SS-Detective soon too.  Keep your eyes out in the next couple weeks, I'm
looking at either Jan 22nd or 23rd for the Detective challenge.  I'll post a
defnite date as it gets closer.

Please try to send me an email if you plan on attending so we know how many
eskimos to expect before heading out on the trail.

Sara

Subject field