[GeoStL] Re: Chicken Mushrooms

  • From: "Rob MacMorran" <dewzenol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:40:26 -0500

-

Can't tell you about cooking them, although I've been told you fry them in
butter, and that it is possible to have a mild uncomfortable reaction to them
if they are eaten uncooked (dunno how true this is.)
When you take them from the woods, though, don't tear them off; use a pocket
knife and leave the inch (I think, or maybe it's just where the color changes)
that's closest to the tree so it can possibly grow more.  Also, shake it to
distribute the spores, hopefully creating more later.

Keep in mind these are all second hand tips even to me, so take with a grain of
salt.

- Rob
From: JimSGreene@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 16:37:00 EDT