[GeoStL] Check out this cache

  • From: Eric & Dayna East <lichanura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:06:39 -0600

This is cool cache that Aquila & Ladyhawk e-mailed me about. The guy must've
been
drinking some spoiled milk or something when he came up with this one! LOL

Eric
Title: Cache: (GCD803) Vector by Renegade Knight

you are logged in logout
home
about
Hide and Seek a cache
Track Travel Bugs
my cache page
discuss
links and downloads

Geocaching Gear

Contact Us

Traditional Cache
log this cache
watch this cache

2 account(s) watching this cache.

This is a Regular cache.

Vector

by Renegade Knight [profile]

N 42° 52.464 W 112° 24.051 (WGS84)
UTM: 12T E 385586 N 4747819
or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com

also download nearest placenames.
Need help? Read about EasyGPS

In Idaho, United States [state map]
Hidden: 2/17/2003
Use waypoint: GCD803 (what's this?)
Make this page print-friendly (no logs)

Note:To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

(ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
Difficulty:  *1/2  Terrain: **

A box in the woods. STAY AWAY!

Idaho GeocachersVECTOR

Here is my cache. Read on to learn of my undoing.

The Aliens told me their plans for world domination. They told me how it started with a geocache.

I said no.

They said they wanted it near a medium sized town.

I said no.

They said that I would list the cache rules and enforce them.

I said no.

They showed me their four-armed proctologist and his collection of probes.

I caved in faster than Clinton on an Intern.

I told them I would reveal their intentions somehow. They said it didn't matter and they gave me a transcript of the plans as they unfolded. They said geocachers would come anyway. I said geocachers are smarter than that. They won't come. They will stay away. They said if I placed it they would come. They said plant the cache NOW. Their proctologist cracked his knuckles, which only served to show me how monstrous his hands were. I placed the cache and started writing what you are reading now.

As required here are the rules as dictated to me. When it comes to enforcing the rules the aliens did provide for some assistance. Anyone who doesn't follow them will be visited by my friend's six-armed brother. After that visit having the log deleted would only be a minor inconvenience.

This cache is a 30cal Ammo Can with Log Book.
Take one canister and plant it in an urban setting as a geocache.
The word Vector has to appear in the cache description.
Log your find AFTER your new cache has been approved.
Until your new cache is approved a note is ok.
Provide a link to that cache in your log.
Anything else is automatically deleted by microbots with no notice so don't complain to me.

What follows is the transcript given to me by the aliens. Read it and please stay away from this cache!

"Sub commander, why are you annoying me with your presence? Your Monster Zero idea was an abysmal failure. Since then you have done nothing but watch Earthling T&A flicks. Staying out of sight has saved your life. Yet here you areâ?¦" "Commander, I have been doing intensive research. After thousands of hours of watching what the Terrans call B movies I have found their weakness; Recombinant DNA Technology. By using our microbots, programmed to re-sequence human DNA. To keep it brief I will only give you the highlights. We infest a geocache with our Recombinant DNA re-sequencing microbots. Geocachers will come to the cache and leave contaminated with microbots. This will spread our domination. Soon the world will be filled with docile pod people who will do our bidding while we rule the planet.

"Sub Commander, you are a moron. Why would geocachers come to a site known to be infested"? "Simply because it is there. You can put a box in the woods, make it boring and uninviting, and geocachers would come visit the box, trade McToys, and write about what a good time they had while doing itâ?¦Sir.

"One location visited infrequently will hardly provide enough vectors, how do you propose to solve that problem"? "Elementary Sir. By placing micro-cache containers and requiring that the geocachers place on in an urban setting then require a link to that new geocache, we get both more infested cache locations, and proof that our dominance has spread"

"Are you not forgetting that even the more inbred inhabitants of this planet are not that stupid. Humans are clever, they will find a way to expose our plans, have you considered this alternative"? "With all due respect, sir, geocachers are clever, stubborn, resourceful, creative, savvy and have many other respectable qualities, however people who would pretend a GPS is a cell phone and hide in the bushes while making odd movements will never be accused of being smart."

Sub commander, this is all nice in theory but how do you propose to get the initial cache placed? "That sir, is the simplest task of all. Our abduction activities have created a certain reputation for the kind of probes we use to extract information. This apprehension can be used on certain geocachers to force them to our way of thinking."

"After planting an infested geocache, your plan requires very detailed instructions. Why would those very instructions not give away the plan"? "Sir, It's a matter of finding a geocacher who has hidden many strange geocaches. Ones that are already somewhat odd. Were that person to hide our cache it would seem like just another dumb idea and it would not arouse any suspicion. As a matter of fact even if he exposed the transcript to our conversation, it would be assumed he made it all up.

"Do you have such a geocacher in mind?" "Yes sir; Shall I make the arrangements?"

"Sub Commander, Implement the plan"

If after reading this transcript you still chose to find this cache, it's on your head!

Additional Hints (Encrypt)

A hint for undoing the human race? NO!!!!!

Find...
...other caches hidden or found by this user
...nearby caches
...nearby placenames
...nearby benchmarks

For online maps...
MapQuest Maps (BEST)

Topo Zone - topographical maps
(Site uses a different datum so coordinates may be off)
Microsoft Terra Server
- satellite photos
Yahoo! Maps

Logged Visits (10 total.)
Warning. Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Cache find counts are based on the last time the page generated.

 March 16 by Aquila & LadyHawk (85 found)
Yes, this all started at home in Illinois. My wife was very annoyed with me as I became preoccupied with a vision of a hillside covered with trees, lots of trees, Juniper trees. I saw this hillside in everything I saw and drew pictures of it. Then.....well why not....I started making a model of it in the house. Dirt, mud, bushes from the yard. I think the neighbors thought I was losing it. Finally I just had to head west, finding my way to Pocatello. Driving along, there it was, just as I had imagined it, pulled over and had to walk up that hill. There was a container.....I had to open it...I knew I had to....took a container...ugh. Now i HAVE TO GO BACK HOME TO ILLINOIS. I know I will place a new cache there in the middle of my hometown......resistance is futile. Aquila & LadyHawk.......Quincy, IL

[last edit: 3/17/2003 9:48:13 PM PST]

 March 10 by Nardo (Nardo) (66 found)
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=58767 The pesky little bugs have nested in the swamp near Blackfoot (really the lake but there is not enought water). Nardo and Nat.
 March 2 by Night Stalker (175 found)
I visited this despicable cache on the 2nd, but it took until the 3rd to get it approved. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=56725
I guess the aliens were right. We are easily led astray by the promise of another find. If this holds true for the rest of the cachers we are doomed. Oh well I'll keep caching until the very end.
 March 2 by Night Stalker (175 found)
Found this cache much to easily. It is obvious that Renegade Knight is under the Aliens evil spell. He would never willingly make a cache this easy to find. I have already planted its evil seed and will soon be able to post my results.
 February 28 by Dahlibuddha (31 found)
opened container and microbot jumped out demanding something about a leader!
 February 27 by gryphon1 (60 found)
I guess that since I was able to place the micro cache pod that I found it is time to log my visit as a find. Vectorian Promenade is one of the offspring of the Vector cache. -Gryphon1

There are more logs. View them all on one page

Last Generated: 3/18/2003 5:49:24 AM (GMT)
Render Method: Not Cached
Current Internet Time: 3/20/2003 @254.14

[Main] [About Geocaching]
[Hide a Cache] [Seek a Cache] [My Cache Page]
[Links] [Discuss Geocaching]
Copyright© 2000-2003 Groundspeak.
Read our Geocaching Logo Usage Guidelines