[GeoStL] Re: Caver cachers

  • From: "Chris Schaeffer" <krzcooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:59:14 -0600

-
Thanks so much for the information. I will try to find some time to go to one of the meetings.

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:39AM -0600, Jerome Reed wrote:

-
Chris, the best way to learn proper and safe caving techniques is to attend
a meeting of one of the local caving organizations. I am a member of the
Meramac Valley Grotto of the NSS. Meetings are held the third Wednsday of
each month at 7 PM at Powder Valley nature center. Don't worry about
fitting in, they are very friendly folks and always welcome newcomers! Go
to a meeting and you will soon find yourself deep underground .( Sometimes
you will find yourself thinking, is this fun or not!!) Here is their
website http://www.meramecvalleygrotto.org/

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Schaeffer" <krzcooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 8:27 PM Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Caver cachers

-
I like caving. I go down to Black River every once in a while and check
out some caves. I would love to get more involved in it, but I don't
have that much time, and I don't know anyone that is a caver. I would
love to get set up with someone that would go out and show me the
equipment I need, and would go on trips and show me some of the caves in
Missouri. That would be really cool.

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 7:57PM -0600, Jerome Reed wrote:
 -
 How many SLAGA cachers out there are cavers?  I've been involved in
 organized caving since '81.  Many organized cavers don't like
 geocaching.
 Are we closet cachers!  Jerome