[GeoStL] Cave Tour Update

  • From: "Jen" <2geocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:25:10 -0500

-
Been working on getting the cave tour appoved.

So here is the update:

At 1:00 and 3:00 two groups of 15 has been reserved.

However if there is over 30 people interested in touring the cave there
maybe a slight possiblity that another tour could be set up, but as I said
slight.  This all has to do with whether Meramec has a staff person on hand
able to do this.   I am supposed to get back with the park naturalist on
August 15 to let him know how many people total are interested in Fisher
Cave.

Also the other way you maybe able to get in on the tour if it is booked full
is that Meramec Park leaves 5 openings on these tours for the general
public.  So that means if on the day of the tour there isn't any public
wanting to tour you could join in paying the group rate.  But this would be
a gamble. Or you could act like a member of the general public pay full
price and join in  :-)  (this is actually what the cave naturalist told me)

So if you are really interested in the cave tour sign up early.

I will be adding this info. to the cache page shortly.

Thanks
Jen & Matt