[GeoStL] Re: Cave Spring Earthcahce

  • From: Andrew Senger <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 06:57:34 -0500

-
Jim,

Congratulations. It's difficult to beat a dead horse when you're
you're on a high one.

Andrew

Andrew Senger
asenger@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.yawetag.net
"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. He's also
postmaster and probably traffic cop, too. All the jobs for sports
referees are probably filled, though." --Lemel Hebert-Williams

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Jim Bensman <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -
> I'd like it too-if you hike it, can you send me a track?
>
> I think that cache is an example of how caching has gone downhill.  It is
> rated 5/5 and all you have to do is a moderate 2 mile hike and answer how
> big you think the cave entrance is.  Most people could do the cache in an
> hour or two.  What's next PNGs being rated 5/5?  If that's not bad enough,
> he could not get the landowner to give him permission, so he got the
> National Park Service to give him permission to place a cache on private
> property!  So far  the NPS won't allow caching in Ozark National Scenic
> Riverways, but they give permission to place an Earth cache on someone
> else's private property - the NPS does not even have a scenic easement on
> the property!
>
> Jim Bensman
> "Nature Bats Last"

from this