[GeoStL] Re: Cave Spring Earthcahce

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 22:41:19 -0500

-
I'd like it too-if you hike it, can you send me a track?

I think that cache is an example of how caching has gone downhill.  It is
rated 5/5 and all you have to do is a moderate 2 mile hike and answer how
big you think the cave entrance is.  Most people could do the cache in an
hour or two.  What's next PNGs being rated 5/5?  If that's not bad enough,
he could not get the landowner to give him permission, so he got the
National Park Service to give him permission to place a cache on private
property!  So far  the NPS won't allow caching in Ozark National Scenic
Riverways, but they give permission to place an Earth cache on someone
else's private property - the NPS does not even have a scenic easement on
the property!

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

from this