[GeoStL] Re: Car Talk Puzzler

  • From: Andrew Senger <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 19:07:45 -0600

-
Jim,

The new question isn't up, but last week's question (There are five
ways a player can reach first base without hitting the ball. Name
them.) is not possible.  There are only four ways to reach first
without HITTING the ball:

1. Base on balls
2. Hit by pitch
3. Dropped 3rd strike
4. Obstruction by the catcher

There are three other ways to reach by hitting the ball:

1. Hit
2. Error on a fielder
3. Fielder's choice

Anyway, that has nothing to do with this week's.

Andrew

On 2/8/09, Jim Bensman <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -
> Did anyone else listen to this week's puzzler and figure it out?  It is not
> on their website yet:
>
> http://www.cartalk.com/content/puzzler/
>
> I was caching when I heard it so I was not paying as close of attention as I
> should.  But it was something along the lines of the average speed of the
> GPS was higher than max speed.  They said it was operating properly and the
> puzzler is how?  The only thing I could think of was they were using a
> magellen :)
>
> Jim Bensman
> "Nature Bats Last"

Andrew Senger
asenger@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.yawetag.net
"I can't win anything.  In fact, if you look up 'loser' in the
dictionary, you'll see someone else's photo!" --Andrew Senger