[GeoStL] Re: Captured Dogs were the ones that Attacked me and two walkers

  • From: Patricia Hutchison <patriciahutchison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:20:55 -0600

Glad you're on the mend, Zeke!  Best wishes for a fast recovery and fewer
shots!  :)Spiritwolf922From: Zeke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Captured Dogs were the ones that Attacked me and two walkers
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 00:34:03 -0600

Captured Dogs were the ones that Attacked me and two walkers

Hi Everyone.

I just wanted to repeat that the captured dogs were the ones responsible for
the attacks on me and the other two men. As it turns out, Animal Control is
about 2-3 miles from my house. The larger dog was actually shot in the foot,
not the chest as the officer had thought. The larger dog may be in heat which
can cause more temperamental or aggressive behavior. The larger dog did not
have any type of collar on it even though I thought it had. At this time,
Animal Control has not identified an owner for either dog and think they may
just be abandoned dogs.

I was a little apprehensive about going to see the dogs but it was very
anti-climatic. The small dog actually wagged its tail as I stood in front of
its cage. The larger dog was in a cage in the infirmary and didn’t seem to
notice me as someone was leading another dog past its cage. The larger dog
whined some as though it wanted to play with it. Neither dogs exhibited signs
of illness so it is unlikely they have rabies. Both dogs will be observed until
Feb 6th. If they are still alive at that time, then they absolutely don’t have
rabies.

Earlier today I had my second rabies vaccine shot at the County Health
Department. I will also have a third shot this Sunday. By the time the fourth
shot is scheduled, I will know if I need it or not. Depending on insurance, I
may go ahead with the 4th (and possibly the 5th) shots so that I’m fully
vaccinated and only need two booster shots in case of any future animal bites.
I continue to heal and have plans to geocache this Saturday.

Thanks again for all of the support.

Regards,

Zeke (ZLA)