[GeoStL] Captured Dogs were the ones that Attacked me and tw

  • From: Owen Curtis <owen.curtis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 08:33:49 -0600

Zeke,

My thoughts and prayers have been with you and for you and your speedy and
complete recovery.  I am glad that the problems weren't any worse and that
is sounds like you are on your way to being all better.

Happy caching this weekend!

Sending more good thoughts and well wishes your way.

Owen
aka
Walk This Way Walk This Way

From: "ZLA Solutions" <Zeke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] Captured Dogs were the ones that Attacked me and two
walkers
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 00:34:03 -0600

Hi Everyone.
I just wanted to repeat that the captured dogs were the ones responsible for
the attacks on me and the other two men. As it turns out, Animal Control is
about 2-3 miles from my house. The larger dog was actually shot in the foot,
not the chest as the officer had thought. The larger dog may be in heat
which can cause more temperamental or aggressive behavior. The larger dog
did not have any type of collar on it even though I thought it had. At this
time, Animal Control has not identified an owner for either dog and think
they may just be abandoned dogs.

I was a little apprehensive about going to see the dogs but it was very
anti-climatic. The small dog actually wagged its tail as I stood in front of
its cage. The larger dog was in a cage in the infirmary and didn't seem to
notice me as someone was leading another dog past its cage. The larger dog
whined some as though it wanted to play with it. Neither dogs exhibited
signs of illness so it is unlikely they have rabies. Both dogs will be
observed until Feb 6th. If they are still alive at that time, then they
absolutely don't have rabies.

Earlier today I had my second rabies vaccine shot at the County Health
Department. I will also have a third shot this Sunday. By the time the
fourth shot is scheduled, I will know if I need it or not. Depending on
insurance, I may go ahead with the 4th (and possibly the 5th) shots so that
I'm fully vaccinated and only need two booster shots in case of any future
animal bites. I continue to heal and have plans to geocache this Saturday.

Thanks again for all of the support.

Regards,

Zeke (ZLA)

--