[GeoStL] Re: Campping trip RE: Columbia event cache

  • From: "Mark Schiefelbein" <mark_schief@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:33:12 -0700

You might want to double-check on the camping at Finger Lakes - when I was up there a month or so ago to hunt the cache there, I thought I saw a sign saying the park closed at 10. I could be wrong, though. I also know there's a campground in the Mark Twain National Forest a little southeast of town...there's a cache (Pine Ridge, GC1A9A) located just off one of the campgrounds.

You might also post a note on the picnic page...several of the local geocachers are avid outdoor folks and would probably know the local camping options better than I.

--mark/ooga booga

There isn't camping at Rock Bridge state park, but there is camping at
nearby Finger Lakes State Park that also has a cache, as well as a cache in
the park next door to Finger Lakes

Jen

Our WebPage! Http://WWW.GeoStL.com Mail List & Archive Info. //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=geocaching
Msg. of the day, "The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict."