[GeoStL] Re: Caching with a Mac

  • From: "Brad" <bmyers88@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:25:52 -0500

-
I don't have a Mac, but this is the info I sent to another Mac user. Don't
know if it worked for him or not.

http://www.chimoosoft.com/gpsconnect.html

GPS Connect is a freeware program for Mac OS X which offers waypoint
transfer with Garmin GPS receivers. The intended use is to backup waypoints
from the GPS to your computer. Downloaded waypoints may be saved in the
standard GPX Format (the GPS eXchange Format) or exported to a variety of
other formats such as tab delimited and comma separated. The program also
supports upload of waypoints to the GPS receiver.

http://www.gpsbabel.org/osnotes.html

Mac OS X
GPSBabel is available precompiled for Mac OS X. MacGPSBabel is a graphical
wrapper which has gpsbabel embedded in it.

To install MacGPSBabel just extract it from the .zip archive and drag it to
your preferred location. MacGPSBabel is run by double-clicking on the
MacGPSBabel icon. Note that not all of the advanced features of gpsbabel are
available in MacGPSBabel - to access any of the features not available in
the GUI you will need to use the terminal (see below).

If you prefer to use the command-line (or you need to access features not
available in MacGPSBabel), open the terminal app and navigate to the
directory containing MacGPSBabel. GPSBabel is located in the directory
MacGPSBabel.app/Contents/Resources. We do have some additional tips on this.
We have a way to access GPSBabel with one click