[GeoStL] Re: Caches screwed into trees?

  • From: "Bernie Ver Hey" <Happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 10:58:58 -0600

To make a real long story short. Leave the trees alone. Who can remember all
this and who would even pay attention to it.  Bernie

Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 20:36:01 -0800
From: jennyann1975@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah I agree. I work for a company that supplies products for lawn care
companies and yes it only takes one nail hole to leave the tree open to
infection.

I love bird houses caches but there are ways to secure the bird house
without nailing into the tree or drilling a hole. I cringe every time I come
across one nailed to a tree.

Yeah I know we all grew up with tree houses etc with the trees surviving
nails etc, but times are changing and tree diseases are more prevalent today
then they were twenty years ago.

Jenny
thesapafamily

No virus found in this message.