[GeoStL] Re: Caches screwed into trees?

  • From: Jenny <jennyann1975@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 20:36:01 -0800 (PST)

Yeah I agree. I work for a company that supplies products for lawn care
companies and yes it only takes one nail hole to leave the tree open to
infection.

I love bird houses caches but there are ways to secure the bird house without
nailing into the tree or drilling a hole. I cringe every time I come across one
nailed to a tree.

Yeah I know we all grew up with tree houses etc with the trees surviving nails
etc, but times are changing and tree diseases are more prevalent today then
they were twenty years ago.

Jenny
thesapafamily

From: mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Caches screwed into trees?
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, all...  I've got something that's been bugging
me. There's a series of caches hidden along a trail in my area and a few of
them are cache containers that are literally screwed into live trees. I know
geocaching has a "leave no trace" guideline when it comes to placements, but is
such a case I mention worth getting reviewers in on? What's your thoughts on
such hides?  -MichaelNo virus found in this message.