[GeoStL] Re: Caches screwed into trees?

  • From: Jason Collier <jcollier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 15:48:03 -0600

-
That actually gives the trees more CO2 to soak up. :)

Jason Collier
314-623-0263

On 1/3/2012 3:42 PM, Maggie Madonia wrote:
I wonder if driving around from cache to cache hurts more than a nail? Now my head hurts...

Maggie

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Craig <seaeye@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:seaeye@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    As a student of horticulture and landscape design Bernie is 150%
    right leave the trees that are living alone. Any bark intrusion
    can open the tree up to infection, infestation and possible death.
    The bark of the tree serves the same purpose as the skin on your
    body. I have to disagree with what the rangers have said to Bob. I
    can see there was smoke being blown in several of their
    statements, probably so they didn't look uninformed. SO beating
    nails into, screwing screws into, no matter how small or how
    stainless or what season it is, or even banding around living
    trees goes directly against the Geocaching rules of leave no
    tracks or traces and will directly affect the health of a
    perfectly healthy tree. So I agree with Bernie, LEAVE THE LIVING
    TREES ALONE.

    <mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>