[GeoStL] Re: Cachemas... :-/

  • From: Sarah Chisholm <sarah_cf30@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 20:27:46 -0600

-
Multis are not the problem. All one has to do is find all the caches in the
area where one wants to place a cache. That way one knows where all the
"hidden" waypoints are. 99% of them anyway.

I think it is a great idea that If a person is planning a big series that needs
to be activated at a later date announce the general areas to stay away from it
would cut out a huge amount of frustration. I realize that this "solution"
would not get to everyone in the area but it would be a start and an attempt to
let everyone know.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 11, 2011, at 6:37 PM, Glenn <potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> -
> Oh gosh, thanks bernie. Ya make be blush.
>
> This is every day stuff around here in the geocaching office.  Legitimate
> beef tho. How ya supposed to know that there are things hiding out there? I
> feel real sorry for new cachers that keep running into hidden multi
> waypoints. They are everywhere.
>
> If I make up a list of parks with none of these "special" caches in them, who
> do I give the list too? AND after that,  can  the person with the list tell
> everyone to "stay out of these parks until I say it is OK"?   This might be a
> sticky widget for sure.
>

> On Dec 11, 2011, at 6:02 PM, Bernie Ver Hey wrote:
>
>> -
>> Glenn, maybe you can get some OT at the hospital to get away from all this.
>> Always grateful for the super job you do. Thanks, Bernie

>> Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived  http://tinyurl.com/87cqw
>> Missouri Geocaching land policies --> http://tinyurl.com/lgyy84
>> Missouri Geocachers Forums -->  http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php
>> Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->