[GeoStL] Cache to be disabled soon for rest of 2007, due to hunting restrictions (GC14BR8)

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jack.konecker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 22:30:57 -0500

http://tinyurl.com/38dcqo

4 more weeks before this cache is disabled
until after hunting season (9/15/07 - 1/15/08).

It will be disabled again for turkey hunting
season in 2008 (I was not given that schedule)

Bummer that the 1-year permit I worked hard
to get from the MDC land manager at Young C.A.
only allows a fraction of that 12-month period
hunting the cache.

Can hikers hike the trails during hunting season?
Yup.  All year round, in fact.  But geocaching?
Well THAT is different for some reason.

I miss the good old days.  Some of my best
caches were way back in conservation areas
that were of no consequence or concern to
the land manager. But now, everything must
be done through paperwork, education and
baby-steps.  For a veteran geocacher like me,
it is painful to start all over again - in slow-motion.