[GeoStL] Re: Cache ratings

  • From: "Barbara Hunt" <barbarastl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:49:35 -0500

-
John,

I agree...for the reasons you state, and more. The first is time - sometimes, I jump over to a cache on my way home from work. I don't want to find out too late that it's going to take me two hours.

Also, there are a lot of times when I'm looking for a cache that will be a good long hike. Gary and I are practicing for our rim-to-rim hike of the Grand Canyon, and we often want to find a cache that results in a long hike on the weekend.

Barbara

It is very frustrating to walk
1/2 mile to a
waypoint and find that the next point is miles away. I know this doesn't
effect the majority of the cachers in the area and some may think this sport
isn't for the physically challenged, but just wondered if possibly the
cache placer could indicate what the total distance is or at least some
better indication of difficulty. And I only mean this on the really
difficult or longer hikes. I know that RGS attempts to do this on his harder
posts.

Just a discussion item- I would like to hear what others think. Thanks- John