[GeoStL] Re: Cache notifications

  • From: "tklnhl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:42:31 -0500

-
Maybe this is an "obvious" answer, but we didn't figure it out for a while,
but ....

Another way to check for new caches is to go to the main page of gc.com.
Over on the right hand side choose the state only to search on.  The most
recent caches in the state will be on the page that generates.   Sometimes,
it takes a few hours (? longer?) to show up on the geostl site (or so I've
noticed...).

Also, on that page  is a list of the most recent travel bug activity in the
state.  It will show movement for a bug into a cache even if the cache has
not yet  been approved. That way you can keep an eye out for the cache if it
sounds like it's going to be in your area.

You could probably take it a step further and make that search page your
home page so every time you log in, or hit the home button on your browser
you'd have a more real time idea of cache placement.

Of course, that borderlines on an obsessive-compulsive disorder ..  (I can
say that because ....)

Nancy