[GeoStL] Re: Cache Scare Redoux

  • From: BruceS <bruces3418@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:40:17 -0500

-
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:36:40 -0500, Todd <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -
> I haven't read the cache page for whichever cache this was, but it did sound
> like it was not in a great location.  It was either on private property, or on
> public property where the local authority/park ranger/land manager probably
> should've been notified that it was there to prevent the type of thing that
> wound up happening.

The cache was in fine location.   The cache was on private property
with the permission of the owner.  The owner was not available at the
time.  In this case it probably would not have mattered.  The sheriff
was over sensitized to terrorist threats, thus he was intent on
blowing it up.  I would not have mattered if it was clear, had all
sorts of contact information.
Subject field