[GeoStL] Re: Cache Question - Deleting a log

  • From: Joe Taylor <rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:34:35 -0700 (PDT)

I did  (tried) one caceh called Hub of the Universe in Marion IL.  There were
special instructions that it was a high traffic area, and if it is too busy,
just take a pic of the clock tower with your GPS and you can count it as a find.

Well I went and in the spot that was described, there was a phisical crater
about the size of an ammo box.  Went back to the websites... the past 5 finds
were "Did not find the cache but got a pic"

Well because I do not feel that is right,I went and did a DNF for it.  Only one
time did I log one and not able to sign the log, that is Old St Lou, I
pysically saw it, but too many muggles and I aborted operation, and I plan on
when I get the chance to get back there early in the morning and sign that log.

Jen <justjen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does one have the right to delete a log if the person stated quote "Found this
one but cache was missing. Seems to be a very busy area."

This was logged as a find.  We checked this cache last night and yes it is
there.

How would you deal with this?

Thanks
Jen

Until one loves an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Joe Taylor
IS IT FRIDAY YET?

Check out my NEW Web Page
Favorite GC - Stories and Adventures
UPDATED - JUNE 9,2005

Rockey the Flying Squirrell

 What is Geocaching (In case you are not in the Geocaching Mailing Groups)

http://mail.yahoo.com