[GeoStL] Cache Picnics ... seeking contributions ect.

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:50:35 -0500

-
I am still not sure and we are still discussing it on the admin forum.

It sure looks like if we do,  we need to be very careful. I know that
almost all the groups as for prizes and such so we will have to see.

I can tell ya that Jeremy was plenty mad about the complaints of  possible
picnic contributors being "spammed" tho.

The implications of being reported as a "spammer" and then being listed as
such are great. That could almost shut down the gc.site besides being
liable for a fine and court time to prove that the emails didn't originate
from the Geocaching.com computers.

I sure would hate to loose the generous contributions of the Magellan
folks.  I guess we would have to be acting solely as the st. louis group
with no references to geocaching.com.

I will just have to wait to see how it all plays out.

Glenn

At 04:14 PM 6/26/2003 -0500, Eric & Dayna East wrote:
>-
>So does this mean that we can no longer ask for donations for our events?
>Or can we still do
>so as long as we do not specifically mention geocaching.com?
>snip

Subject field