[GeoStL] Re: Cache Containers and Bomb Squads

  • From: "tklnhl & kyd" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 00:07:22 -0500

-
I'm now really curious about what is in Edmond, OK that is so WORTH blowing
up that the local law enforcement seems to think it is going  to BE blown
up.  This isn't some federal "undisclosed location" that the locals aren't
being made aware of is it?

Plus, ..  this is the  SECOND incident in the last year. This totally
cracks  me up. Can you imagine  the radio chatter?

"Pipe Bomb by  the  church."
"Let's go blow  it up"
"Cool"
"Now, hang on Fred,  remember that other incident turned out to be one of
100 of them geo-caches that are hidden around  here."
"That was the LAST one, what's the chance that there could be ANOTHER
geo-cache? This HAS to be the real   deal."
"Won't we look  foolish if  it's NOT a bomb containing enough C4 to  make  a
military grade hand grenade look like a snap and pop"
(Which brings me to ask all you  military types -- is there such a thing as
a  NON military  grade hand  grenade? Under what circumstances would an
average,  non military person need a  hand grenade? Perhaps I'm just naive)

I appreciate the state  of Oklahoma's  history  and diligence in
investigating bomb  calls, I'm wondering about their efficiency. " Two
explosives technicians, four patrol officers and one supervisor    ...(and)
the bomb squad's investigative robot"  blew this cache up  and STILL
"Inside, officers found a spiral notebook, plastic toys, an Oklahoma rose
rock and a card identifying Surtees' caching name, "Okie Rose Rocks."
Based on this,  I'm thinking the Kyd would LOVE  to cache in Oklahoma. We've
yet to "trade" for a geocache trinket that doesn't  fall apart on  the walk
back to the car, much  less withstand being blown up by  a  bomb  squad.
Their Dollar Stores must not be getting their product from the same source
that ours do.  Either that or Okie Rose  is missing her  calling and should
be ebaying her super industrial, bomb-resistant  geocache containers.

I also liked that they called  geocaching a "sport".

I also think that  based on the amount of times I used the word "bomb" in
this  email there could possibly be someone on their way to my house right
now from that  undisclosed room in that AT&T office building out in Earth
City. But I could be a little paranoid.

Nancy
b*mb