[GeoStL] Cache Bash 2003: Lewis and Clark Expedition

  • From: "John Kinder" <jkinder@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:21:45 -0600

The Great Plains Geocachers are contemplating something called Cache Bash 2003:
Lewis and Clark Expedition associated with the 200th year anniversary of the
expedition.   http://www.gpgeocaching.com/asp/News/news.asp?m=1&i=38

Since SLAGA territory includes the starting spot of the expedition, one can
envision local caches are/could be/should be a part of this event in some
manner. I don't know what they've got planned but one can envision trying to
find the most caches along their trail, or placing a string of caches along the
trail from start to end.

Here are the 2 biggies in in our area. There would be countless opportunities
to place caches west along the MO river, which was their route:
  a.. Lewis & Clark Cache # 2 by Myotis GC6140 (spot they camped at the winter
before the expedition started)
  b.. Frontier St. Charles by Goshhawk GC74ED (official starting point of
journey)
I don't see any more details on line than the single page listed above.

John