[GeoStL] Cabin Fever Geocaching Potluck

  • From: "M. Bollinger" <lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ozark <ozmtngeocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:25:49 -0800 (PST)

-
Hi Everybody,

I want to update everyone about the Cabin Fever
Potluck.

I just marked my 38th cache site for the GeoBingo
(which was my goal) and I've got a bunch of nice
places, some so-so.  I will make those available to
everyone starting at 11:30 am January 15th.  I don't
want anyone to get a head-start on the game.  I'll
have 2 laptops, one with MapSource and a Garmin etrex
cable, and another with MapSend Topo and a Yugo
(whoops I mean Magellan) cable.  I will also have a CD
with the waypoints in a GPX and LOC file from EasyGPS.
 And for those who are still in paperland, I will have
a print off with coordinates and hints. (Oh Lord, I
hope this works!)

I'll be running a Geocaching 101 class from 10 to noon
and after that the fun will begin.

For those coming down earlier, I am planning a new
night cache at Riverside Park, real near Keychain
Exchange.

I will also have a new series of caches called "Hail
to the Chief".  They are trivia caches where you have
to figure out the coordinates by answering
Presidential trivia questions.  This will require a
bit of homework to complete and I will try to get
these us as soon as possible, hopefully by January
1st.

I am going to make a table of those attending and what
they will be bringing to eat fairly soon, so if you
haven't signed up yet and plan to come, please log the
cache so I know about how much food to buy.

I look forward to seeing everyone then.

Mike (Lazylightning)

Subject field