[GeoStL] Re: CO vacation pictures

  • From: "Laura Million" <lmillio@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:16:30 -0500

-
Nice pictures. Looks like the Pine Mountain Beetle got to your area of
Colorado too. We were so disappointed in the dead pine trees and areas that
had already been cut back due to the infestation. We were near Winter Park
Colorado last month and the devastation of the pine trees was really sad. It
was Amanda's first trip to Colorado and she expected endless pine trees. I
told her that was the way it was supposed to be. Sad to see that Rocky
Mountain National park was the same way. You got to see a lot more wild life
than we did. I see more deer on the campus of SIUE than we saw in Colorado.
We did see a fox, but no elk or moose. We did get to see a fantastic
waterfall. It was well worth the hike.

Laura
2_cats