[GeoStL] Re: CITO event

  • From: "Jen Guyer" <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 07:57:23 -0500

-
Having seen the page yesterday and knowing what log is missing, I think I
know what she is talking about. I don't think the log in question was really
intended as a critisism (sp?). Just suggestions. Most of them good, I
thought.  It was suggested that we notify the park, if we haven't already,
to let them know we are coming. Which I think is a good idea. I think it
would be good publicity for the types of things our group is doing FOR the
parks.

The rest was just asking for more information. What part(s) of the park are
we cleaning? And what else is going on at the park that might conflict with
our plans?

Also it was suggested we offer some prizes. Like for most unique piece of
trash. I think that might be fun. Maybe have some more categories, like most
bags of trash picked up, biggest piece of trash, etc.

I apologize if I am stepping out of line sharing this. But I honestly don't
think it was meant in a mean spirit. And I think it helps to know what we
are talking about! It was posted by someone who likes to have their ducks in
a row so to speak. To have a full picture of how things are going to work
before we head out.

I think the CITO should be fun. But I also think it is a great oppurtunity
for some good PR for SLAGA, like the seminar we just had. Notifying the
parks and the media wouldn't be a bad idea.

And I know that in the past when others have done things like this, by
notifying the higher ups, they actually got help in the form of trucks to
haul stuff off and things like that. Now, maybe we don't plan to go all out
to the point that we would need that, but that might be something to think
about before hand. Are we planning a big clean up, or just picking up trash
along the way. (This could help in knowing how long we will be there and how
to prepare to work.)

Jen