[GeoStL] Re: CITO Event

  • From: "Susan Ring" <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SLAGA newsgroup" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:04:46 -0500

Barbara ( and everybody else)

I would love to come on Saturday-that Man vs Nature stumped me once before and
I would love to take another crack at it.  BUT once again I have to work.  I
was thinking of trying for a CITO on Sunday out my way, St. Peters.  I remember
Chris mentioning that City Hall Park could use some cleanup-I just returned
from a run there and he is right.

This is just an idea right now.  For one thing, I believe St. Peters usually
has their own big Earth Day event at that park.  I don't know if we would
conflict with that or if we could tie into their celebration.  My husband and I
know a couple of people in Parks and Recreation so I can contact one of them if
it sounds like anyone else is interested.

Now I need to ask for advice.  If there are others who could come on Sunday, do
I need to set up an event cache, or can we just informally work it out here in
the newsgroup or maybe put a notice on the SLAGA home page?   Also, there are
only a couple of easy caches in the park, would people like to try to hit other
caches in the area before/after/during cleaning up?  I'm open to any
suggestions from anybody!

Thanks, Barbara, for the work your doing on the Creve Coeur event.  I certainly
am not trying to take away from it at all, just trying to find a way to
participate.

Thanks,
(Rock)Susan