[GeoStL] Re: Buxley's Geocaching Waypoint Website

  • From: "Hardwire" <hardwire@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:00:48 -0600

-
See:
http://gsak.net/Macros.php

GoogleEarth.txt

-----Original Message-----
From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Lusicic
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 11:39 AM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Buxley's Geocaching Waypoint Website

-
 where do you find "their macros"?
bromley@xxxxxxx[1] wrote: - I've taken to using GSAK (I keep all my
waypointsthere anyway) and by using one of their macros, I can push
everything from my filter into Google Earth. That works very well and I can
navigate around to where I want to be. It's a great combination. Quoting
MikeTollefson <mbtoll@xxxxxxxxx>[2]: - I've had too many problems with
GC.commaps and have frequently seen missing caches on the map (not just
now).I can always visualize them by hitting identify and looking at the
numbers. What a hassle and I never really liked Buxley's either. That's why
now I do all of my map visualization using mapping software. I use Mapsource
(which came with my GPS). I can easily see everything, zoom, pan on the fly,
etc. I know many of the cachers on the list use other (better) mapping
software. Almost any mapping software is better than GC.com maps(even when
the caches show up!) Mike (tollybrew) --- Eric East
<christianherper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[3] wrote: - I used it too, but gc.com shut
him down last year for 6 months or longer. I think it was because they were
jealous of his maps. They finally let him have access to their info again,
but it seems that they only did it as a tease. Because the website was only
up and running for a couple of months before gc.com made all of their big
changes a couple of months back which put him out of commission again. It
seems that now Buxleys is only showing dash points &navicache caches. Too
badgc.com didn't hire him to do their maps, it would'be been a win/win. Eric
----- Original Message ----- From: "M. Bollinger"
<lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx>[4]To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[5] Sent:
Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:25 PM Subject: [GeoStL] Buxley's Geocaching
Waypoint Website - Does anyone still use Buxley's Geocaching Waypoints
Website? I use (used) it alot, but now, most of the Geocaches are gone off
the map. I liked it because it was easier to see the location of the caches
than the Geocaching.com maps. Does anyone know why most of the caches are
gone off the maps? --------------------------------- Yahoo! Photos -
Showcaseholiday pictures in hardcover Photo Books. You design it and we'll
bind it! **************************************** For List Info or To make
//www.freelists.org/list/geocaching[6] Missouri Caches Scheduled to be
Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw[7]

--- Links ---