[GeoStL] Re: Bush Honeysuckle Project

  • From: "Laura Million" <lmillio@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:15:41 -0600

-
Or Girl Scout service projects!

Laura
2_cats

-----Original Message-----
From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Lusicic
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 2:13 PM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Bush Honeysuckle Project

-

If you know any scouts that need an Eagle project, this might be a good one
for them too. One of ours did this and some other park improvements (tree
planting) as his project.

Laurie Elfrank wrote: - I was recently contacted by someone who is
interestedin recruiting geocachers to help with a project to remove bush
honeysuckle from Missouri parks. Here is the information he sent me. If you
are interested, I can send you his contact information. -Laurie (Denmother)
Laurie, I'm sorry I do not have a pdf version of the brochure. However, you
can contact The Missouri Conservation Department at 573-751-4115 and ask for
distribution and they will send you as many as you like. The two brochures I
think are most informative are "Curse of the Bush Honeysuckles" and "Plants
that won't stay put". You can also go to their website
www.mdc.mo.gov/nathis/exotic/[1] the Missouri botanical Garden also has a
section of their website at www.mobot.org/invaders[2] I hope we can work
together to eliminate this threat to our forests. I am looking at this
springto launch an assault on the Bush Honeysuckle in Greensfelder Park and
along the highway 44 corridor. That would include West Tyson, Lone Elk,
Forest 44, and some other small parks along the way. I have written my state
legislators and ask them to help by getting the highway department to cut it
down in the right of way along 44. Any help you could give with letter
writing would be appreciated. In addition, if you have a group who want to
help in the spring at Greensfelder or any other park, I have some tools at
our school we could use. Thank you for your interest. Tim Wood The College
School _________________________________________________________________
Windows LiveTM: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_explore_012009[3]

--- Links ---