[GeoStL] Bufford Mtn - RE:Map Confusion

  • From: Joe Taylor <rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:32:37 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the Info....  by the way I mentioned I will be going to
BuffordMtnGCGJGJ.  I was informed I have to work Fri night (midnights) so now
it is undettermined, as to what Time I will want to get there.  I was planning
on checking out this mapping confusion while I was nearby there as well.

So I only get 2 days for the weekend off

Jim, If you want to send it, you can.  I dont see no SR-RA.  I use the DeLorme
Missourri Atlas and Gazatteer, I see a copyright dateof 1998.  But I bought
this 2 years ago.  You would think they would have an updated versaion.  I know
I seen an Updated version of IL's Mapbook in walmarts though.

I am getting ready to run and scout out a MO cache hide, will checkat wal-mart
through the newest books to see if it has the change..

Thanks again,I knew some of the groupe might be able to help, cause we all can
read maps.... at least I hope we all can read maps..... LOL

LuAnn <luigilula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yep,   Jim is right,  they have built a new road that now goes to the west of
the park whereas the old road you went to the east.  LuAnn

JimSGreene@xxxxxxx wrote: Joe,
 Highway 21 used to run to the east of Elephant Rocks. Now I think it is hwy O.
If your map shows a SR-RA that led into the southern end of the park, that is
where new Hw-21 runs. Microsoft Streets & Trips shows both as Highway 21, but
the new one is also called Vetern's Memorial Highway. I only have the new Hwy
lisyed on a couple of maps. If you want, I can send you a map showing it.

Strider

  I got to meet Josh in Sioux City, Iowa, March 24, 2005

Joe Taylor
IS IT FRIDAY YET?

Check out my NEW Web Page

Favorite GC - Stories and Adventures

Rockey the Flying Squirrell

What is Geocaching? - What is Geocaching (In case you are not in the Geocaching
Mailing Groups)

http://mail.yahoo.com