[GeoStL] Best-Of Awards

  • From: "Andrew Senger" <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SLAGA Group" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 17:38:36 -0600

-
The 1st Annual SLAGA Best-Of Awards winners were announced at the
Christmas Event today.  Team S.A.G.E. would like to thank everyone
that participated.  The following caches were winners in this year's
awards:

Most Creative Traditional: 623 by Happykraut
Most Difficult Traditional: The Safecrackers Cache by RGS
Most Liked Traditional: A Boy & His Dog & His Cache by Strider

Most Creative Multi: Whatever Floats Your Boat by RGS
Most Difficult Multi: A Tale of Two Parks by RGS
Most Liked Multi: Heartbreak Ridge by Cache Commando

Most Creative Puzzle/Mystery: Treasure Island by Didg guy
Most Difficult Puzzle/Mystery: Who's Challenged by flatkatz
Most Liked Puzzle/Mystery: Fort DC - The Missing Rocket by Rocfish

Best Cache Series, Themed Cache, or Event: Shaw Nature Preserve by
Tim, Pam, and Molly
Most Scenic Cache: A View for Jess by Thunder_Monk
Best Urban Cache: Ulysses' Micro by Didg guy

Most Physically Challenging Cache: Buford Mountain Conservation Area
by Know Future
Most Mentally Challenging Cache: The Safecrackers Cache by RGS

Again, congrats to everyone!  I have put together a bookmark list with
all of this year's winners in it:
http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=0f25ef62-9335-4b71-810f-eef0426e9487
.  The winning caches will also have a banner on their cache page to
highlight their achievement.

Lobocs and I are in the process of changing the awards a bit for next
year.  To start, we're going to start the nominations at the Spring
picnic, announce the nominees and open voting at the Summer picnic,
then announcing the winners at the Fall picnic.  This will fall in
line with SLAGA's year and will give people more time to think about
nominees and voting.

If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the awards, please let us
know.  Remember that these awards are for the cachers, not for SLAGA.
Lobocs and I can hand out awards every year, but all of you are the
ones that decide who gets them.

Thanks again!

Andrew (yawetag)

--