[GeoStL] Re: "Best of" lists

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:40:04 -0600

-
   Only for those that spell Kraut with a 'C'.  Bernie.

Stoeppelman, Kurt wrote: - They were listed as two star but may match your
minus 1 star caches. Is that a new cache rating HC-1. -----Original
Message----- From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1]
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2]] On Behalf Of Bernie Sent:
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 3:05 PM To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[3] Subject:
[GeoStL] Re: "Best of" lists - Kurt, when you look for those minus 1/minus
1,then they are not hidden any more. Just tossed behind a tree. Bernie KURT
&MARY STOEPPELMAN wrote: - I have not seen may RGS type caches in my
travels.They have been more like around Sioux Falls SD area last week. I
didtwo caches, both were two stars, both were reg size amo boxes, one was
sitting in the fork of a tree (could see it from 100 ft away) and the other
was sitting next to a tree (Could see this one from over 50 ft away). I may
not be picking very hard ones when I travel but, it looks like the STL area
has much harder caches based on the star rating. If I was travling here with
a small amount of time, I would not select multi, or micro for the most
part.I guess for the most part I try to hit 1-3 star D, 1-3 T regular caches
less than 1/2 mile hike. For the List - Lunch/business man caches would help
me when I travel. These would be find in under 20 min and say somewhat
clean.Last week I hit one cache on the way to the airport. Mud is now in
season. I left mud and dirt in and on the x-ray machine, not very popular
with security folks. Then continued to drop chunks of dirt all over the
airport, airplane with even some dirt left for O'Hare. So much for staying
clean. "Bridget E. Griffin" <Bridget.Griffin@xxxxxxxx>[4][1] wrote: - I like
to do unusual urban caches when traveling in another city. We like to see
other "RGS" caches in other cities. Also for people traveling, I know that
when we travel with the camper, it would be nice to have a list of camper
friendly caches, meaning, nice big parking lots or places to turn around. We
also are very "touristy" and so we also like to go out of the way to see
things like the biggest ball of yarn, or ones like Big Brutus (cache in
Kansas).=20 Bridget =20 -----Original Message----- From:
geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2[5]][mailto:geocaching[6]
-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[3]]On Behalf Of Glenn Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006
8:57 AM To: St. Louis Area Geocachers Subject: [GeoStL] "Best of" lists - I
am thinking of some lists. Think of this from a visitors viewpoint. If you
were going to a town and were looking for caches, what sort of "best of "
lists would you look at. Best Multi hour caches? Good easy caches for kids?
Caches downtown I can walk too? Caches I can do by taxi, in the dark on a
rainy day? Or lists of caches by what part of town, Good caches North...
Caches to do in Forest park and the Zoo? What would be a handy list for you?
//www.freelists.org/list/geocaching[4[7]] Missouri Caches Scheduled to
be Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw[5[8]]
ListInfo or To make _ANY_ changes, including unsubscribing from this list,
click -----> //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching[22] Missouri Caches
Scheduled to be Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw[23]

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx