[GeoStL] Bad Week

  • From: "Jen" <justjen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:45:59 -0500

This has been one bad week for our caches.  We have replaced 3 this week.
Muggles must really be out in the summer.

So for all interested all of our caches in Cuba are up and running again.
Please note that Nervous?? has a new clue, Waterfall and Tangle Creek has new
coordinates and clues.

Sorry to all who went looking this last week and couldn't find 3 of them.

However I do have a strange note about Nervous??  for those who have been out
there know that it is a bridge, can you believe that one of the people at the
resort has been watching out for it for us and we never knew this?  We haven't
met this person yet though but here is a part of a letter from a fellow
geocacher - eagles-song who did:

The girl at Nervous works at the lodge.  She said once someone had brought
the cache back to the lodge!  (That's probably when she first found out
about it being there.)  I guess someone then explained to her the basics of
the game & she got very interested in caching too.  She must have heard
about it being missing from others who couldn't find it?  Or maybe it got
lost at the lodge after that person had taken it there?  She said she had
wanted to put a coupon for a free float in it & put it back on the bridge.
I don't know how it really got lost, but she felt so bad to see people look
around the bridge to no avail that she wanted to replace it!  Plus she loves
the excitement of just being around the game.  I told her that the owner
(you) takes care of it, & I'd make sure to let you know.  She apparently
enjoys seeing people come out to the bridge to look!  After I had been there
awhile, she drove across the bridge (leaving work) & stopped to talk.  She
said, "Are you looking for something?"  I said, "Oh, I'm just taking some
pictures", which I was!  Then she said that she wanted me to know that the
thing the "geotrackers" come to look for is gone.  She didn't want me to
waste more time, I guess!  It was HOT!! So I admitted I was looking for it
too (I had decided by then it was gone) & then she told me the rest.

Odd isn't it?

Well we hope that all of our others are still where they are supposed to be and
are sure we will hear about it if they are gone :-)

Jen
JustJen & Matt

Until one loves an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.