[GeoStL] Re: Babylon menu

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:14:26 -0600

-
I agree that is misleading.  Besides what if you want to drink water?  I
also like the straight forward approach.  Some places can really come up
with deceptive tricks.  I still remember a trip many years ago to the
Current River.  We stopped in Salem for gas.  It was back when there was
still leaded and unleaded gas, but almost everyone needed unleaded.  There
were two gas stations across the street from each other.  One had the price
for leaded and unleaded posted.  The other one only had the price for leaded
(which hardly anyone used) and it was a penny cheaper than the price posted
across the street.  So we pulled in there.  Their unleaded price was
significantly higher than the price posted across the street.  So we went
over to the other side of the street to buy the gas.   But I am sure lots of
people did not see the price difference until it was too late.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

from this