[GeoStL] Re: BREAKING NEWS : HAWN STATE PARK

  • From: Roger Barnes <rogbarn@xxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:19:00 -0600

-
I saw it on the Channel 2 news at 9.  They even mentioned how there was
a big "orienteering" competition last weekend and how even the
professionals had trouble finding their way around the remote parts of
the park.  The child accidentally wandered off the Pickle Creek Trail
and couldn't find his way back.  They started a big search party and
finally heard him reply to their calling at the farthest point of the 10
mile loop trail.  Given the cold we're having right now, everyone was
quite happy to have found him before night set in.

xiTaqua wrote:

> -
> Just saw on channel 5 news. I saw the picture of the park ranger, saving
> the kid from the creek. The kid got separated ,suffering from
> hyporthemia. Kid is ok now . I wonder if they were geo-cachers......
>
> Cheers !
> Marcos

Subject field