[GeoStL] Re: Assault on Slabtown Cave cache

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 18:34:26 -0500

Actually Slabtown was easy.  1/4 mile flat walk then there was a path down
to the cache that was about a 100 foot desent.  It was a nice view and a
nice cache for #200.

We then did Rockpollo and the Rolla Caches (Dan gave us a nice tour).

Hiker Bob,  we think we know why you could not find Message in the Bottle.
We think we did the same thing.  We went to the train and we counted 3
parts.  We were not sure so we took a good look between the coal car and the
engine to make sure it was seperate.  The answer we were supposed to get was
2.  We got to the wrong spot and could not find anything.  Since we were
unsure on the 2 or 3, we changed the number to 2 and got to the right spot.
Dan says he is going to fix the web page.