[GeoStL] Re: Aquiring Sat Lock when Traveling

  • From: "Jen Guyer" <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:51:44 -0600

-
When I got my GPS back from the shop, it took a LONG time sitting outside to
set the location back to here. So it could just be a matter of patience. I
think they said it could take an hour. Harder to do a at a hotel but I just
set it up on the deck and left it there for awhile and went about my
business, when I came back, it was set.

There was some way to master reset it, but even the tech said that it is not
easy. Mine is a garmin though.

Jen
P.S. we tend to keep our GPS on during the trip so that when we get to the
new location it already knows where it is. Of course some airlines nix
GPSes, but others do not.

Listen to clips from my new favorite Christmas album:
http://appalachianquartet.com/gloria.html

 The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs......