[GeoStL] Re: Anyone ever find - and use - Bob's Road™? :)

  • From: ghavens@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:37:47 +0000

Does an orange vest count for anything? 1st lady

From: "Libby Morehead" <gmalibby@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:14:57
To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Anyone ever find - and use - Bob's Road™? :)

That is exactly my theory. If it is wide enough I can make it. And No
Trespassing doesn't necessarily mean me. Will someone volunteer to be my one
phone call?
Libby

  Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:05:16 -0700
  From: mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [GeoStL] Anyone ever find - and use - Bob's Road™? :)
  To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  To begin, a Bob's Road™ is any roadway that the GPSr wants you to take that
does not officially exist.

  Anyway, I was out caching in the Warrensburg/Sedalia area and used my Nuvi to
guide me on a predetermined route. While out in the country, it wanted me to
turn on a VERY rural road (i.e., not really gravel..a dirt road...not even
marked). So, I did. Now, I have been down a few Bob's Roads™ before, and all
has gone well. Usually, it makes you wonder how the Nuvi even knew about this
roadway at all, because a Bob's Road™ can alternate between a semi-gravel or
bedrock road that looks like someone's driveway to just a dirt path through a
field.

  Anyway, I took this Bob's Road™ and it was a doozy. I drove about a mile
through ruts, little hills, crossed a shallow creek and eventually mudded it
through some seriously wet areas only to find another farmer had blocked the
rest of the road! So, I had to go all the way back and find another way...and
have my Nuvi chide me for not following the way it suggested.

  So, apart from this incident, I have used Bob's Roads™ with success...have
you experienced them?

  -Michael