[GeoStL] Re: Any suggestions?

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:17:30 -0500

-
If you have a nine year old with you, I need to share something you may want to watch out for. I took my son and his friend (10 and 11 at the time) to look for a rest stop cache on I-10 in Mississippi right at Pascagoula. There were weird bugs all over down there. They looked like huge black grasshoppers. They were just weird looking. The problem came when we got near the woods, and the biting flies took after us. They were bothersome to me, but my son's friend was terrified. We took an immediate U turn and headed back to the vehicle. So once you get down there, you may run into things that you don't see up here, and in this case while it didn't seem that bad to me, it did freak one kid out, and he lives down there.

I was also talking to one of the guys down there whose cache I had found. He asked if I saw the "gator slide" near it. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is the place a 'gator uses to slide into the water from the shore. Kind if a muddy half-pipe shaped depression in the ground leading to the water. So if there are any caches near the bayous, you need to keep an eye out for things other than poison ivy and stinging flies. And I thought ticks were a problem :-D

M.Gasch wrote:

-
Good morning!

To those of you who were at last Friday's Fuddrucker's lunch - thanks for meeting with the reporter from Detours magazine. It turned out to be my daughter after all!! She says the article will be for the winter edition (the one currently in the works) I will let you know when it is published.

Now my question - we will be heading to Florida later this summer through Nashville, Chatanooga, Atlanta, Orlando. (Interstates: I-70 --> I-64 -->I- 57 --> I-24 --> I-75 --> Florida Turnpike -->I-4. ) Anybody have any suggestions for quick finds close to those interstates? There will be a nine-year old who LIKES geocaching and a college kid who is skeptical among us. I am not really looking for great adventure necessarily - just some leg stretchers that won't annoy the "less enthusiastic" members of the traveling group.

Thanks!

Mary
WHO HAS TURNED IN FINAL GRADES AND IS READY FOR SUMMER!!!!!!